Wild camping in Norway is allowed, but you have to follow a few simple rules:
- Tents and motorhomes must be at least 150 meters from inhabited houses and cabins.
- Avoid private properties and farmland.
- Show consideration for your surroundings.
- Take your rubbish back home
- Go far away from the campsite and rivers when you have "to go", and dig a hole that you cover with soil afterwards.
However, in some popular tourist areas, especially in Lofoten in Northern Norway and some places in Fjord Norway, there are restrictions on free camping, mainly during summer.